You can turn ordinary family activities into a great benefit for you. Exercise does not have to be boring and mundane. Sure they say you need to exercise to lose weight, but who says that it can’t be fun. Try one of these great family activities the next time you are outside with your kids. They are great for all ages.
- Sports Any sport that you enjoy playing, whether competitively or in your backyard, is a great exercise that will work all your muscles while building cardio endurance.
- Frisbee This is a great skill that takes focus. You need to focus on how you throw a frisbee which works specific muscle groups.
- Jumping Rope I cannot emphasize enough that this is one of the best cardio workouts that you can do.
- Swimming Swimming will give you a great workout without even knowing it. You will definitely feel it the next day, but since it is such a low impact activity you can build a lot of muscle and cardio endurance without knowing it.
- Swinging When was the last time you got on swing at the park? Do you remember how much work it is to pump those legs and get yourself going? This is a great lower body and abdominal workout.
- Playing Tag Get outside and play with your children. Especially if you have an age difference among your kids, this is a great way to
get them all active.
- Three Legged Race It takes more work than you think to run with someone else. You can even do your own version or a potato sack race. The idea is to make it fun for the whole family.
- Walking to the Park Going to the park is great, but you can always sneak in even more exercise by taking a walk. Make the walk more fun by including a scavenger hunt along the way.
- Bicycling An oldie, but a goodie. Bicycling works so many muscle groups at the same time.
- Cartwheels and Somersaults Have you done either of these recently. They really do take some skill and muscle use. Try it the next time you are outside with your kids, they will enjoy the adventure too.
What do you do for fun with your family? Share in the comments.